Adopt the techniques and processes used by Australia’s Fighter Pilots to perform at your peak.
Today's business environment is more complex, uncertain and rapidly changing than ever. To survive and thrive, companies are expecting their people to plan more confidently and adapt and deliver more quickly. Afterburner’s Flawless Execution (FLEX) methodology focuses on helping your people do just that, converting your strategy into action and accelerating performance at every level of your business. This is achieved through the FLEX cycle of PLAN, BRIEF, EXECUTE and DEBRIEF – which drives peak performance in complex environments.
Afterburner offers one of the most dynamic keynotes on the circuit today. They are high energy, contain a strong takeaway message and are customised to your business or organisation.
Keynotes are presented by professional fighter pilots and include multimedia graphics and rare aviation video footage! By the end of the presentation, your team will feel energised and motivated to excel in their environment!
Why Afterburner? Why now?
• Today’s complex environment requires a stress-tested approach to peak performance.
• Their methodology, FLEX, is a cycle of continuous improvement, more powerful than Six Sigma. It is simple, scalable and holistic.
• Afterburner will show you how to use FLEX to maximise performance in a rapidly changing and complex environment. FLEX can become your new “Strategy Framework”.
• Design your Future Picture.
• Develop a ‘Shock and Awe’ strategy by focusing on business leverage points.
• Achieve strategic and tactical alignment through the FLEX cycle of PLAN, BRIEF, EXECUTE and DEBRIEF.
• Overcome the performance draining issue of Task Saturation.
• Develop a culture of improvement through a “Lessons Learned” approach.
Christian “Boo” Boucousis was a fighter pilot in the Royal Australian Air Force for 10 years. He is now the CEO of an innovative property development group and is currently developing Australia’s tallest prefabricated hotel in the Perth CBD.
Boo’s life story is a real world example of how fighter pilots use the skills developed during their military careers to succeed in business.
After being diagnosed with a serious medical condition, Boo could no longer fly fighter aircraft and decided to take the plunge into business. Using the skills and knowledge he acquired in the Air Force, Boo co-founded a successful humanitarian support company in the Middle East, employing over 1,500 staff. He then sold that business, moved back to Australia and set his focus on the development of affordable building methods. This focus was the beginning of his company.
Boo attributes his success in business to the values and discipline he learned during his Air Force career – focus, efficiency, continuous improvement and simplicity. And because of this experience, Boo fundamentally believes that the simple methodology used by fighter pilots (which Afterburner calls “Flawless Execution” or “FLEX” for short), can bring alignment to, and excel the performance of any business or organisation.