Gihan Perera is a futurist, conference speaker, author and consultant who gives business leaders a glimpse into what's ahead - and how they can become fit for the future. Since 1997, he has worked with business leaders, thought leaders, entrepreneurs, and other change agents - helping them with their strategy for thriving in a fast-changing world.
He has clients throughout Australia, as well as in New Zealand, South Africa, the United Kingdom, Singapore, the USA and Canada. He is the author of “The Future of Leadership”, “Fast, Flat and Free”, “Out of Office”, “Webinar Smarts”, and seven other books.
As an educator, Gihan has been at the leading edge of presentation technology and online learning:
- He writes and presents for Citrix Global, a leading provider of online collaboration technology (such as GoToWebinar and GoToMeeting)
- He was one of a handful of invited guest contributors (along with Seth Godin and Nancy Duarte) to Garr Reynolds' book Presentation Zen
- He is one of a handful of Ambassadors for Thought Leaders Global
- He hosts the eGurus Community, an online resource centre for speakers, trainers, consultants and thought leaders
- He is a Gold Level author for the International Institute of Managers and Directors Forbes magazine rated him the #5 social media influencer in the world (and #1 in Australia) in his area of expertise.
His formal background is in science and technology, with a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Western Australia. But he's always been interested in people and the way they communicate - and how to leverage technology to deliver messages, extend reach, and live happier lives.
He lives in the world's most liveable city – Perth, Australia – and enjoys an enviable lifestyle, with his own home, his own business and his own teeth.