Dr Robert Dew is a world class presenter who truly knows how to excite his audience. He is regularly described as ‘thought provoking’, ‘entertaining’, and ‘intensely motivational’. As an innovation management consultant he has worked for some of Asia and Australia’s largest companies (both public and private), as well as starting his own new ventures.
He has been involved as a founder or investor in 34 different businesses across a range of industries including automotive, education, retail, child care, fashion and distribution and invested in 4 other private firms. His unique combination of practical experience in large firms, entrepreneurial management in private firms and academic research makes him ideally qualified to help companies discover solutions for their innovation challenges. As a Visiting Professor he has lectured MBA’s at 8 Universities across Europe, Asia and Australia including QUT and Bond University. He rejects the label of being an academic despite -
- having a degree in Physics (winning the Canberra Packard prize in 1989),
- completing an MBA at QUT (winning the MBA Medallion in 2000)
- finishing his PhD in Organisational Creativity part time in 18 months
- being a long standing member of the International Society of Professional Innovation Managers and serving on both their Advisory Board and Scientific Panel
Rob is renowned for challenging and inspiring his audience to think differently. It is hard to walk away from him without a new frame of mind.
Rob's new booked released in 2021: Lean CX - How to Differentiate at Low Cost and Least Risk
Key Career Points
- Founded Safe Places for Children, exiting in 2009 (grew to $24M in revenues in just 4 years).
- Co-author on three innovation patents (voice data logging, automotive electronics and location based experiential education).
- Founder Enterprise Workshop (not-for-profit) currently Executive Director responsible for courseware and delivery oversight.
- Senior Consultant Strativity Group responsible for research and development of customer experience (CX) innovations for companies including Janssen, Metro Melbourne Trains, Supercheap Auto, CBUS, Colonial First State and Australia Post.
- Former Advisory Chair - International Society for Innovation Managers and member of the Scientific Panel.